It is a beautiful Sunday morning, the river is flowing swiftly. The water bubbling rapidly over the rocks, after heavy rains this week. The birds are noisy this morning, mainly because of a flock of noisy parakeets are raising a symphony of tweets. Parakeets come fifty at a time and make such a ruckus they drown out the sounds of the bubbling river and the barking monkeys.
It is the only sound that makes me relax. How about you, what makes you relax? Early morning I relax:
1. I brush my teeth, comb my hair, and press a very hot wash cloth against my face and eyes to chase away any tension, headache I may have, and I press and hold it and let the steam permeate my brain.
2. I meditate to the sounds of nature. I drown out any noises; motorcycles, cars trucks and people with their early morning conversations. I search for animal sounds, birds playing in the trees, squirrels jumping from one tree to the next, dogs barking or moths hitting the screens, flapping their wings. Turkey Buzzards have been busy eating the fruit in the trees. Spitting out the casings causing a flop on the roof. Sometimes they lose the round fruit and it makes a heavy bang on the roof.
3. I walk the property as the sun rises, the the large trees giving a ray connection as if God is coming for a conversation. I feel the gentle breeze. There is always a breeze and it blows the fragrances of the rain forest into your pores and nostrils. Time to walk back to the house as a light mist washes away anymore tension I may feel..
4. I like to cook in the early morning. Bread smells awesome at five in the morning, maybe it was the glass of warm water with lemon that opens my internal organs to work for the day, but I love the smell of banana bread or cinnamon raisin bread baking in the oven.
5. I like to write in the early morning. It is when my mind is the most receptive to different thoughts. Wether it is to plan a day or write poems, short stories or a novel. I do not do outlines of my work. I like to capture a story in my mind and start to type. I write when I have an urge to write. Which is always, I never not have an idea to put to type. I organize as the flow permits.
How do you start your day? How do you relax? Just on the weekend or do you do relaxing exercises every morning to Start your day? I hear an oropendola calling to me. Press the link below for my book store.
Beginning of the day
I hear a whining in the kennel
Our dogs seem to be unsettled
After all they slept all night
Who cares if it is only five
Quiet I say in a firm voice
After all is it not I who has the choice
Two hours later I awake
I reach down and open the gate
Out they bound in such a hurry
On the bed they scurry
Eager to play they scratch the covers
On top of me the lick and hover
I push them off and run to the door
They follow to play some more
They hurry to the kitchen to the doggy door
Jump on the glass as if to implore
Out they run and run
Playing in the cool morning sun